We are joined by the Amateur Planner to talk about transit challenges such as crowded trains and buses, planning and managing bus routes, taxis, parking, fares, and some ways we can do to improve our transit system.
Links to news and other items mentioned in this show:
Boston City Council moves to regulate Uber & Lyft
New parking garage opens in Salem
Boston offers free parking on Saturdays during the holiday season
MBTA reports record ridership (again)
- The High Cost of Free Parking by Donald Shoup (UCLA)
- The Walkable City by Jeff Speck
- EZ-Ride shuttle from North Station to Lechmere, Kendall, Cambridgeport
- Cities in Motion 2 game
- Watertown seeks more, better bus service (letter)
- MBTA Route Performance Indicators (pdf)
- Traffic Hackers data on driving times (project of Amateur Planner)
- EVENT: Livable Streets 10 in 1 Street Talk, Tuesday 12/16 at 6pm
The Transit Matters Podcast is your source for transportation news, analysis, interviews and more. We focus on sustainable transportation planning, operations and policies in Boston and beyond. Transit Matters is a joint project of local transit enthusiasts Marc Ebuña, Jeremy Mendelson and Josh Fairchild.